THX tune-up™ App for iOS
THX tune-up™ allows you to properly adjust your TV, projector and speakers, helping you get the most out of your entertainment system.
THX tune-up features custom video test patterns, carefully selected photos and tutorials to help you adjust and confirm the best picture settings on your display based on your room lighting. Using special test sounds, THX tune-up also lets you check your external speakers to make sure they are working in phase and are connected properly for 2-channel stereo or 5.1 surround sound systems.
THX tune-up is completely interactive and you will be able to go through it at your own pace and in any order. Use your iPad 2 (or later) or iPhone 4 (or later) to connect to your display or sound system with an Apple™ Digital AV Adapter and HDMI cable or through a wireless Apple TV.
To get started, locate the adjustment buttons on your television and audio video receiver (AVR) remote controls and then simply follow the THX app tutorials which will walk you through your “THX tune-up.” The app offers tips about your remote control, room lighting, viewing distance and other helpful advice.
- Aspect ratio – ensure your TV displays shapes and sizes correctly
- Brightness – make certain shadow details and night scenes are clearly visible
- Contrast – confirm white detail is distinct on your television
- Color – make sure colors are bright and vibrant but not cartoonish
- Tint – check skin tones look natural and are not too green or red
THX tune-up uses your iPad or iPhone camera to set color and tint with a special built in color filter. Just point your device camera at the TV screen and see if your color or tint is adjusted correctly.
- Speaker assignment – ensure speakers are connected to the correct AVR output and intended sound is coming from the correct speaker
- Speaker phase – confirm that positive and negative speaker wires are connected correctly and all speakers are in phase
- Turn “moo can” on and tilt the iPhone or iPad to hear your device “moo”
- Play extraordinary THX trailers (just like the ones in THX Certified cinemas) to show off your newly tuned TV and sound system to friends and family
- Show off your audio system with the push of a button by playing “THX Deep Note” in 5.1 surround sound, just like in the theater
- Have a question for THX, or just want to provide feedback? Ask Tex!
Device Requirements And Setup
- iPad 2,3 and 4 with iOS version 5.1.1 or later
- iPad Mini with version 6.0 or higher
- iPhone 4, 4s and 5 with iOS version 5.1.1 or later
- iPod Touch (4th generation or later with iOS version 5.1.1 or later)
Supported devices and iOS versions:
- HDMI cable (recommend a flexible cable that is at least 2 meters (6 feet) and HDMI Category 2-certified).
- Digital AV Adapter for use with the 30 pin connector on iPad 2 and 3 and the iPhone 4 and 4s. Preference is the second generation of the cable: A1422 (instead of A1388).
- Lightning Digital AV Adapter (for use with iPod Touch (4th generation), iPhone 5, iPad Mini and iPad 4)
- Apple TV Gen 3 to use the app with a wireless connection (iOS and Apple TV version 5.1.1 or later)
Connection to TV or AVR:
NOTE: 5.1 audio tests are only supported with an HDMI connection.
This app is not a professional calibration tool and is not intended to replace an in-home professional calibration.
Click here to download the THX tune-up app from the Apple Store.
原文: https://www.hiendy.com/hififorum/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=130049&pid=2944143&page=1&extra=#pid2944143 今次成功舉辦「影音之研...
本來上年12月開心的購內BenQ旗艦4K Laser投影機，可惜當時LK990的色輪參數有問題，加上當時未知下批貨何時到手，所以決定將LK990退回給廠自從將部BenQ LK990， 退機後一直用回同廠入門1080P機HT075(W1070+)，一直開心使用同等候和H...
Gamma( 伽馬 ) 及 BT1886 淺談 先來個免責，以下是 在各論壇找到及在自家系統所實淺後所得，希望能為各畫面調校愛好者分享一些經驗，如當中的解術有任何錯誤，歡迎大力指正。 什麼是 Gamma 伽馬 電視還在 CRT( 顯像管 ) 的年代，因為...
原文: https://www.hiendy.com/hififorum/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=122934&extra=page%3D1 ...