THX tune-up™ App for iOS
THX tune-up™ allows you to properly adjust your TV, projector and speakers, helping you get the most out of your entertainment system.
THX tune-up features custom video test patterns, carefully selected photos and tutorials to help you adjust and confirm the best picture settings on your display based on your room lighting. Using special test sounds, THX tune-up also lets you check your external speakers to make sure they are working in phase and are connected properly for 2-channel stereo or 5.1 surround sound systems.
THX tune-up is completely interactive and you will be able to go through it at your own pace and in any order. Use your iPad 2 (or later) or iPhone 4 (or later) to connect to your display or sound system with an Apple™ Digital AV Adapter and HDMI cable or through a wireless Apple TV.
To get started, locate the adjustment buttons on your television and audio video receiver (AVR) remote controls and then simply follow the THX app tutorials which will walk you through your “THX tune-up.” The app offers tips about your remote control, room lighting, viewing distance and other helpful advice.
- Aspect ratio – ensure your TV displays shapes and sizes correctly
- Brightness – make certain shadow details and night scenes are clearly visible
- Contrast – confirm white detail is distinct on your television
- Color – make sure colors are bright and vibrant but not cartoonish
- Tint – check skin tones look natural and are not too green or red
THX tune-up uses your iPad or iPhone camera to set color and tint with a special built in color filter. Just point your device camera at the TV screen and see if your color or tint is adjusted correctly.
- Speaker assignment – ensure speakers are connected to the correct AVR output and intended sound is coming from the correct speaker
- Speaker phase – confirm that positive and negative speaker wires are connected correctly and all speakers are in phase
- Turn “moo can” on and tilt the iPhone or iPad to hear your device “moo”
- Play extraordinary THX trailers (just like the ones in THX Certified cinemas) to show off your newly tuned TV and sound system to friends and family
- Show off your audio system with the push of a button by playing “THX Deep Note” in 5.1 surround sound, just like in the theater
- Have a question for THX, or just want to provide feedback? Ask Tex!
Device Requirements And Setup
- iPad 2,3 and 4 with iOS version 5.1.1 or later
- iPad Mini with version 6.0 or higher
- iPhone 4, 4s and 5 with iOS version 5.1.1 or later
- iPod Touch (4th generation or later with iOS version 5.1.1 or later)
Supported devices and iOS versions:
- HDMI cable (recommend a flexible cable that is at least 2 meters (6 feet) and HDMI Category 2-certified).
- Digital AV Adapter for use with the 30 pin connector on iPad 2 and 3 and the iPhone 4 and 4s. Preference is the second generation of the cable: A1422 (instead of A1388).
- Lightning Digital AV Adapter (for use with iPod Touch (4th generation), iPhone 5, iPad Mini and iPad 4)
- Apple TV Gen 3 to use the app with a wireless connection (iOS and Apple TV version 5.1.1 or later)
Connection to TV or AVR:
NOTE: 5.1 audio tests are only supported with an HDMI connection.
This app is not a professional calibration tool and is not intended to replace an in-home professional calibration.
Click here to download the THX tune-up app from the Apple Store.
入手BenQ W2700個月多了亦用了近接一百小時，這此只分享一下W2700在Cinema及HDR10模式下測量圖，如 閣下是BenQ W2700的用家或準用家記得看到最尾! HDR10 (WCG ON)模式下的灰階，看到W2700的EOTF並沒有跟著ST2084的曲線，...
(本文的所有相片由Benson兄提供，特此感謝!) 認識Benson兄是因為早年他購入JVC投影機後對影像調校有甚感興趣而在Whatsapp中和他交流了不少新資訊和知識。 當日是應Benson兄的邀請過江到澳門為他新購入的Optoma UHC68作出調校，今次是第二...
Gamma( 伽馬 ) 及 BT1886 淺談 先來個免責，以下是 在各論壇找到及在自家系統所實淺後所得，希望能為各畫面調校愛好者分享一些經驗，如當中的解術有任何錯誤，歡迎大力指正。 什麼是 Gamma 伽馬 電視還在 CRT( 顯像管 ) 的年代，因為...
認識Fatboy兄多年亦到訪過他的家兩次，記得早年同不少朋友講去過這麼多的家訪Fatboy的組合出來的聲音是小編最喜愛的。 最近Fatboy兄升級了Acer VL7860 4K激光投影機外同時亦換上近期的人氣皇Pioneer UDP-LX500 Ultra ...