Latest Official Release Version
Release date: January 19, 2017.
Category: Latest Official Release
Main Version: UDP20X-33-1229
Loader Version: TF0027
MCU Version: MCU203-01-1118
Checking Your Current Firmware Version
To check the firmware version installed on your player, please go to the Setup Menu and select "Device Setup -> Firmware Information".
To request a firmware installation DVD (Official Release only) for OPPO blu-ray players, click here.
This release is for the OPPO UDP-203 4K UHD Blu-ray Disc Player.
- Once this firmware version is installed on the player, you will not be able to revert back to any previous official or public beta firmware. There will be no problem upgrading to any future official or beta firmware release.
Comparing to the previous official release version UDP20X-29-1209, the major changes included in this version are:
- Resolved an issue where the Home Menu was fixed to a 60 Hz frame rate.
- Resolved an HDCP 2.2 failure when connecting to an HDCP 2.2 receiver and an older, non-HDCP 2.2 display.
- Resolved a black screen issue with certain UHD titles after resuming playback.
- Improved a micro-stuttering issue when outputting UHD, BD, and DVD titles at 24 Hz.
- Resolved an SACD playback issue where the player would immediately return to the Home Menu.
- Optimized disc loader performance for better disc compatibility and spin speed control.
- Resolved an issue where the player could not recognize music files when using Serviio server.
- Resolved an issue where the RS-232 command #SRC would not work on the UDP-203.
- Pressing and holding the Resolution button on the remote for three seconds will reset the player’s Output Resolution, HDR, Color Space, and Color Depth settings to factory defaults.
- Improved the gapless playback feature for audio files.
- The Home Menu now supports a wrap-around function.
- Improved the over-saturation of colors when using the experimental Strip Metadata feature. Please note that the black level is temporarily fixed to a very low level when enabling the Strip Metadata feature.
All features of the previous firmware are also included in this version.